Upgrading a Stingray Traffic Manager is easy either via CLI or GUI. Following are easy steps to upgrade via the Administration Interface on STM:
Upgrade Procedure via GUI:
1. Obtain the new installation package ( for example ZeusTM_104r1_Linux-x86_64.tgz)
2. Navigate to the System > Traffic Managers page on the Admin Interface of the Traffic Manager you intend to upgrade.
3. Click the Upgrade button and upload the new installation package
4. Follow the instructions to apply the software upgrade.
*Software version mismatch alarm is expected if your upgrading a cluster. This alarm will clear itself once complete cluster is running on same version.
Roll back Procedure via GUI:
1. Navigate to the System> Traffic Managers page on the the Admin Interface of the Traffic Manager you intend to upgrade.
2. Click the rollback button and select the old installation package for example release 9.9.
- Follow the instructions to apply the software upgrade.
Upgrade procedure via CLI:
- Upload and extract the software package for xample ZeusTM_104r1_Linux-x86_64.tgz in /root
- Get into the cd ZeusTM_104r1_Linux-x86_64
- Run the installation script ./zinstall
- Select upgrade and allow to complete.
Through the web interface verify that the load balancer has returned to production operation. Warnings are expected on the Cluster Diagnosis due to the version mismatch within the cluster.
Rollback procedure via CLI
On each load balancer in turn, as required:
- Get into the cd /usr/local/zeus
- Run the rollback script ./zxtm/bin/rollback
- Select version the older version for example 9.9
- Allow the downgrade process to run to completion